Things I’ve learned this year
1. Things get better, then they get worse, then they get better again. It’s a journey.
2. Trust your gut instincts. You’ll thank yourself later.
3. Being alone and being lonely are two very different things. I’m constantly being pulled between the two, and have yet to find a balance.
4. Swallowing 52 painkillers won’t make the pain go away. It’ll make you sick, and you’ll never get over the look of sadness in your mothers eyes.
5. Wear what you want, put on that red lipstick, get that piercing you’ve always wanted, just do it. In a few years it won’t matter, but it might make you feel a little better right now.
6. Filling an entire journal with nothing but the words ‘FUCK YOU’ is completely okay and will remind you not to miss him.
7. Your talents contribute more to this world than you can ever imagine.
8. Sleeping for fifteen hours straight won’t make you feel any less tired.
9. Being strong consists of finding a balance between apathy and compassion. Too much of each one is never a good thing.
10. Talk to God. Have faith in His promises. This life is temporary. Everything is."